…but aren’t anymore. We’ve filled this position. Thanks for your interest!
Darned Sock Productions is looking for a talented game programmer for a 3-month full-time contract. We’re building a prototype for an exciting new top-down shooter/adventure game, and we need a creative coder to join the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing friend and foe AI for a top-down shooter
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to gameplay, controls, or whole new mechanics — this is a prototype, after all!
- Particle effects. Because obviously.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience developing games with NPC AI
- Experience working on mobile/touch-based projects
- A broad appreciation for different genres of games. If you’re that rare breed of person who’s as passionate about classic adventure games as they are about shooters, we want to talk to you
- An interest in level design
- Preferably, experience with Corona SDK; or another lua-based game development platform. But that’s not a deal-breaker. We’re looking for a good programmer who learns fast. If you’re a Unity programmer, or you do everything in C++, and this project sounds like something you’d like to sink your teeth into, get in touch.
Please send send a resume, cover letter and samples of past work to firstname.lastname@example.org.